- Eight (8) hour class
- Instructor to student ratio – 1:6
- Minimum Enrollment: 6
Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
The BLS Course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED.
In the Instructor-led course, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.
- Updated science and education from the new 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Emphasis on high-quality CPR including a team dynamics classroom activity
- Video-based course with real world scenarios